How to Setup a Domain Redirect in cPanel
Redirecting a Domain
- Login to cPanel.
- Click the Redirects button in the Domains section.
- You will then be on the Add Redirect page. Click the drop-down box for Type and choose if you want to create a Permanent (301), or Temporary (302) redirect.
- Click the next drop-down box and choose the domain you want to redirect.
- For the slash ‘/’ field enter any folder names if necessary.
- Enter the address you want to redirect to in the Redirects to section.
- Choose if you want to “Only redirect with www.” “Redirect with or without www.” or “Do Not Redirect www.“
- Check the box if you want to create a Wild Card Redirect. This will add the the file/folder name after the url when it redirect. For instance, example.com/test.php would redirect to example2.com/test.php.
- Click the Add button when you are finished.
You are finished when you see a green message with the details of your redirect.
Congratulations, now you know how to create a redirect in your cPanel! You can also create a 301 redirect directly in your .htaccess file.